Rayne Hall collected ten short stories penned by ten writers, including yours truly. Each story deals with some aspect of clairvoyance.
We've all heard about (or maybe even visited) those who peer into crystal balls. My story, The Watcher, takes the reader inside the crystal ball itself and shows one day in Sadie's life. Sadie knows nothing of our world. Hers changes each time Seer Shinta Makmur reads a female's fortune. And sometimes those fortunes turn bad.
Other stories include:
- Beware of Tuesdays by Frederick Langridge
- A Good Trade by Tracie McBride
- The Vision by April Grey
- The Tale of the Aggrieved Astrologer by Jack Nicholls
- Dance With the Devil by Carole Ann Moleti
- Senstory by Mohanalakshmi Rajakumar
- Ezra's Prophecy by Deborah Walker
- I Could Have Heard You From Across the Street by Douglas Kolacki
- Prophetess by Rayne Hall
While I enjoyed the entire collection, there are a few in there that beg to be read. Nearly eight months later, some of these tales are still vivid in my mind. At my age, that's saying something.
On an unrelated note... While I'll not make a full post about it, I will mention that on Wednesday, February 12th, this little blog of mine turns two years old. Cake and ice cream will be served during the Sponge Bob Squarepants show. My, my, our babies grow up so fast, don't they?