Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stylish Blogger Award

Megan Adamson from Lady of Muse awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award!  (She gave me a couple others too, but I'll post about those separately since they require more thought.)

The funny thing is, according to my son and daughter, my style is anything but stylish.  I therefore must thank Megan for providing me with ammunition to prove them wrong.  Yo kids, Daddy got style. :-)


Accepting this award apparently requires me to tell you about the last time I was dressed up.  I guess that begs the question "how dressed up?"

If it means a necktie then that would be better than ten years ago when my employer's dress code went from business dress to business casual.  I actually don't mind the whole coat and tie gig, but I forgo them unless they're expected.

If it means a tux, then that would be almost 28 years ago when this crazy, wonderful woman I fell in love with committed her life to me and I to her.  Yeah, still committed, still crazy and still wonderful!

But in truth, my usual style is parading around barefooted wearing shorts or sweatpants.  What did you expect?  I'm a guy.  We don't get gussied up all that much.  I prefer dressing up my characters instead.

10 comments:

  1. Yea, I'm casual too. Hubby once told me he had always imagined his wife around the house wearing pretty sundresses--yea, I'm a jeans/shorts/tshirt kinda girl. He said it a little wistfully, almost as if hoping I'd wear one. Poor guy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's just funny. Sounds like my wife asking me each morning if I plan to shave before heading out to work. I always reply by asking if there's a special occasion I've forgotten.

      Delete
  2. Personally, I am a casual dresser too, although I always try to look smart...weather permitting!
    I hate the rain that we are having lately, so an umbrella is an accessory that is part of our every-day wear.
    But getting dressed up is nice from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many women endure so much to look good literally from head to toe. I'm exceedingly happy to have been born male. I don't have to fuss continuously with my hair, balance on six inch stiletto heels or play mix-and-match with the contents of my closet looking for just the right assortment of accessories to accentuate the outfit I just purchased on sale. Getting dressed should never require that much thought, time or effort! LOL

      Delete
  3. Phew, I think I miss out on the overdressed female then. No make up or high heels for me, though the extra height would be useful. I just wear whatever comes out of the cupboard. Style and fashion? What are those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Yesterday at work the elevator stopped for a lady who rode it down one floor. She apologized saying it was too difficult to navigate down the stairs in her heels, but climbing the stairs was much easier. She said she liked extra height the heels provided. Still, I doubt the added height was her only reason for wearing them. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Jeff! I found it interesting in your work! An initiative was well chosen! It's nice to still find places like this on the internet.
    I will come visit whenever possible to be informed about your updates! I will leave my link if you are interested to know. http://www.construindohistoriahoje.blogspot.com.br.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to welcome a new face, Leandro!

      Delete