Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sunday Surfing

Just a note while you're waxing your surfboard... It's come at long last. 

Uncle Orson's Writing Class

That's where I'll be Monday and Tuesday.  Never been to a writing class, workshop, conference, etc. in my life (excluding college, of course.)  :::taking deep breaths:::  Wish me well.

Now, Surf's Up!

NovelRank - Amazon Sales Rank Tracker

Questions About Editing

Fantasy Book Critic

Mythic Scribes

5 Story Mistakes Even Good Writers Make

Free Reviews of Your Book (hosted by Book Tweeting Service.com)

The Writer's Diet Test  (How lean is your writing?)

SmartEdit  (Free automated edit checking)

How to Develop a Story Idea into a Book  (Writer's Digest)

How To Make Money on Ebooks  (from A Newbie's Guide to Publishing)

16 comments:

  1. It will be AWESOME! You will do well. Just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have the nervous yet excited jitters about the whole thing. Kinda like the morning of my wedding. I know I'll be glad I did it, but stepping into the unknown invites the belly-dwelling butterflies. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the links and have fun at the writing course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I already went up to the convention center to pick up my registration packet, figure out where I was supposed to park, and to get a quick glimpse of where the class will be held. (At least that's three things I won't be stressing over tomorrow morning.)

      Delete
  3. Have fun at the workshop.

    I have an award for you at my blog, so stop by when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links. I have yet to do a workshop. I'll be interested to hear about your experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Expect a post or two in the coming days.

      Delete
  5. I've been to Uncle Orson's class. Good stuff and very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've found him to be extremely insightful and able to convey that information wonderfully well. I appreciate his take on a lot of the "conventional wisdom" I've seen discussed elsewhere.

      Delete
  6. I love your Sunday Surfing posts! They're great and you always manage to get some useful stuff in there, Thanks x

    By the way, I gave you an award over on my blog. When you have a minute come and check it out!

    Morgan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morgan! I do try to find a good variety of links that are worth a special mention. (Weeding them down can be a challenge at times though.)

      Delete
  7. Oooh, clicking opportunities! ;) Thanks for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Least I can do, Charlie. I've found some great links in the past thanks to you!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the links Jeff. Please do let us know how that writing class went :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Diane. The class is going well. BUT he gave us homework! Yikes!

      Delete