I took a little time recently to look in my rear view mirror and examine the positive things that have happened this year. I decided to list many of those accomplishments that apply in some form to blogging or writing.
Having begun diligently working on my first book a little over a year ago and started blogging back in February, I've:
- Published over 200 posts
- Finished drafting--and revising--The Bonding, my first book in the Strands of Pattern series
- Welcomed more than 30 writers, bloggers and authors as guests on my blog
- Received more compliments, congratulations and well-wishes than I can count
- Watched my confidence as a writer (and even blogger) grow beyond my expectations
- Joined over four hundred blogs and frequent a hundred more
- Created a Facebook page, Google+ and Goodreads accounts, and started Tweeting
- Found some top-of-the-line critique partners
- Had dozens of my posts linked from inkPageant and other places
- Attended my first writer's workshop (Thank you, Uncle Orson Scott Card!)
- Had a short story published
- Critiqued or reviewed a half-dozen full length novels in addition to scores of chapters and short stories
- Met a slew of awesome people and embarked upon some treasured friendships.
As such, I am forced to conclude that 2012 has been a most excellent year. And I wanted you to know that if you're reading this post then chances are good that you helped make it so.
And to you I say, thanks!
May we endeavor to accomplish great things in 2013 and find the courage and determination to succeed.