Charlie Holmberg tagged me with the infamous "7-7-7 Challenge" in her post here. In truth, I almost missed it. This past week was a blur. Life screamed by at Mach 7 when it wasn't approaching warp speed. But I finished the draft and life is now decelerating. A bit.
This 7-7-7 is one that I've been following for a while. I love seeing the snippets people post. It's the only (non-blog) writing I've managed to glimpse from some who have been tagged. And the snippets always seem so fascinating.
|My Lucky Seven|
- Flip to page 77 of your current WIP.
- Find line 7.
- Post the 7 lines or sentences that follow.
- Tag 7 more writers.
So here's mine. Of course, it's mid-conversation...
“None taken, sir.” Daaron then muttered afterward, “Since you weren't calling me a lass.”
Abby ran her fingers through Daaron's shoulder length hair. “But you sure are pretty like one.”
Daaron stared open mouthed and said nothing. He had no idea how to reply to something like that. He figured it best not to try, so he snapped his mouth shut and spread his lips in a wide grin that told Abby she'd got the better of him that time. Daaron turned more serious as he looked at Tobin. “Is it a problem? Something I should worry about?”
The Hosiyin squeezed his sparkling staff tight as he answered. “I think not. It's just out of the ordinary.”
I tagged folks that I believe are writing or polishing up manuscripts and who also haven't been (at least recently) tagged for this. Hopefully, I succeed.
My tags: (Yes, I can count, but not all may be interested in participating.)
- Elizabeth Baxter at Small Blonde Hippy
- Peggy Eddleman who Will Write for Cookies
- Diane Fordham at Diane Fordham
- Matt Hayes who hides out in Matt's Writing Lair
- Shallee McArthur at Life, the Universe, and Writing
- Jared Peterson who is A Writer in the Making
- Jackson Porter at Jackson Porter
- Joseph Ramirez from Open Writer, Closet Nerd
If you're not yet at page 77, drop back to page 7 or pull from an earlier work. I'm curious to see your snippets! :-)