Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

Again I've been caught.  Just can't run that fast in my old age, it seems.  This time, Adam Gaylord caught me.  Thank-you, Adam!  (But be warned, Adam, all those who read this blog may hunt you down and flog you for forcing me to reveal TMI.)


First the rules:
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions below.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.

And now, the answers...

What's your favorite song?
Really?  I'm supposed to choose only ONE?  Well, how about this one?
Fight Another Day by Brandon Heath

What's your favorite dessert?
Depends on the day.  Usually banana pudding or strawberry shortcake wins.  Carrot cake has been known to trump them on rare occasions.  (Girl scout shortbread doesn't count.)

What ticks you off?
This one's easy.  Intolerance, especially by those who preach tolerance.  (Rudeness is a close second.)

What do you do when you're upset?
Depends on the cause and my location.  Read, surf (the internet) or listen to music if any of those are options.

Which is your favorite pet?
Seeing as how I haven't yet found one that is fully self-sufficient thereby qualifying as favorite, I'll go with my wife's Basset Hound, Sally Sue. 

Which do you prefer, black or white?
I'm a shades of gray kinda guy, myself. 

What is your biggest fear?
Giving my wife the checkbook.  Being broke and homeless. 

What is your attitude mostly?
Cautiously optimistic.
 
What is perfection?
That should be "Who is perfection" and either Tina Turner or me would be the answer!  LOL  

What is your guilty pleasure?
Freshly baked yeast rolls.  The guilt comes from the quantity I consume given the chance.



 Ten Random Facts: (Ready or not...)
  1. I was born a last-minute tax deduction (New Year's Eve) making me a Capricorn.
  2. My toes are nearly as nimble as my fingers.
  3. I am not Bill Compton despite the similarities so many people claim to see.
  4. I want to see two things in person before I die: the Northern Lights and the clear waters of the Caribbean.
  5. I never kissed my wife until the day I asked her to marry me.
  6. I have been granted permission by my wife to lust after Tina Turner to my heart's content seeing as how I have absolutely no shot at the sexiest woman alive (aside from my wife.)
  7. I have an autographed picture of Marina Sirtis...somewhere.
  8. I love the blues, Motown and jazz in that order.
  9. I only sing in the shower and car.  Bad things happen when I sing elsewhere.
  10. I'm a creature of contradiction.  Examples: I love snow, but hate the cold; I love sunshine, but prefer to stay indoors; I'm concurrently conservative and liberal... I could go on, but I won't.
Nominations: I've nominated  so many for so much recently I'll probably get hate mail tagging even more.  I therefore tag all 89 of my followers.  I would like to know more about all of you.  If you take me up on the tag, leave a comment so I can check out your answers and random facts!  (This is not a cop-out!  I really do want to know!)

16 comments:

  1. It's amazing how singing can sound different (better) in the shower and the car.

    Fresh bread is the best food in the world! I would take that over chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bread has always been one of my favorite foods. As far as singing, I try not to torment people unless they deserve it. LOL

      Delete
  2. Is that the gal from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot yeast rolls right from the oven slathered in butter. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right! And my wife sure can bake 'em too! (Of course, I think she could bake dirt and make it taste great.)

      Delete
  4. Well that was an interesting experience to learn more about you. Mmmmm interesting and entertaining. Enjoyed the post very much - thank you Jeff :-) PS Are you fibbing about number 5? I never know with you, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know I'd never mislead anyone intentionally, right? Actually, #5 is fully true--odd as that may sound. I was such a good boy (by then)...

      Delete
  5. Wow! Wonderful post!!
    I think it is amazing that you never kissed your wife until you asked her to marry you!!! So Wonderful!
    Also, congrats on finishing your book! 175000 words is a lot, so I can imagine the time an effort you spent on it!
    Well done! and I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Theresa! And thanks for the congrats too!

      My wife and I met and almost immediately became "best friends." I realized one day that I thought of her as much more than a best friend so I bought a ring, took her to dinner and asked her to marry me. She said yes! Over 27 years now and no regrets!

      Delete
  6. Just stopped by to say thanks for the follow. Congrats on the award.

    I really liked that answers you gave. It really intrigues me that you didn't kiss your wife until you asked her to marry you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome, and thanks too.

      Yeah, I figured I'd get some comments on that. But it's true. If I had kissed her first then she might have said 'No' when I asked her to marry me! LOL

      Delete
  7. You sound like a simply complex person--probably the best kind to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes find that my mind is so complex I can't even understand myself. Not always a good thing. I like balance though.

      I once took a test with the other folks in my IT department to determine whether I was more left-brained or right-brained and more auditory or visually oriented. A dot superimposed over a brain image displayed the results. It started in the center and didn't move. Honestly. Everyone thought I somehow cheated.

      Delete
  8. Very interesting....my mom has always said Tina has the best legs of anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she does. And she can sing. And she can dance. She's gorgeous, a fantastic entertainer and her picture is in my dictionary under the word "sexy" :)

      Delete