Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Surfing & Avengers Experience


20 Common Grammar Mistakes that Almost Everyone Gets Wrong (Lit Reactor)

Shakespeare Does the Three Little Pigs  (hilarious video!)

Lady of Muse (for lovers of art and poetry)

inkPageant

Crack You Whip  (Always good for a laugh)



Twenty-seven years of marriage and still dating...

Yep, took the wife to the movies Friday.  Watched, of course, The Avengers.  (Was anything else showing?)  The wife did a lot of grinning.  (Me thinks she found all those muscles and all that testosterone appealing.)

I had high expectations going into it.  They've been building to this for quite some time now.  I braced myself  for disappointment, but doing so was unnecessary.  The movie was really good!  Lots of action.  Lots of strong characterization.  Fantastic humor.  This is one I can recommend to any who like action.

And as always, the popcorn was to die for, the weight of which increases in direct proportion to the amount of butter in which it floats.  Everything's better with butter!  And I'm getting somewhat accustomed to wearing 3D glasses and eye glasses all at the same time.

Life is grand!

Like the links?  Like the movie?

12 comments:

  1. My critique includes the fact that it took 45 minutes of movie time to set up all the characters. I found RD, Jr. and his comments amusing, although I never expected the 2 biggest LOL moments to come from the digital Hulk. Overall it was ok imo. Then again, my wife is the fan and she loved it so I still win. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you on the Hulk humor surprise. Hulk was never my favorite, but the theatre crowd almost rolled on the floor during the Loki/Hulk scene. I appreciated the more subtle humor too, especially C.A.'s $10 bet and electricity assessment.

      Delete
  2. I'm seeing the movie tonight!!! So excited! Glad to hear its good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have a blast! I liked it more than John Carter and Wrath of the Titans both.

      Delete
  3. For some reason, I can't watch 3D movies without getting a headache...{at least I can't watch them for very long} but it is a movie that I would love to watch!

    Thanks for the shout out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome.

      I had the same fear about 3D. John Carter was the first 3D I saw and that was solely because there was no 2D available at the theater. I was so afraid I'd leave nauseated, with a headache, etc., but was so glad to find that I could tolerate it well. Perhaps one day we'll be watching 3D without the glasses; that would be cool.

      Delete
  4. The movie was awesome! Like you, I was afraid all of the hype would mean a letdown. Saw it early on Friday and now can't wait to go see it again. And it's a rare film that I see twice in the theater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually consider seeing it again in the theater if I could get a discount. (And for me, that's saying something, being as cheap as I am.) I think I saw the last Star Trek movie twice, but I considered that a necessity seeing as how they mucked up the timeline and all. LOL

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary. Hubby and I just celebrated our 28th. And we loved the Avengers. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Donna! We'll have our 28th in Aug, but we try to treat every month like an anniversary month. (Makes marriage more fun that way.)

      I've yet to hear from a single person who didn't like The Avengers. That *must* mean it's good and has wide appeal. (I hear now that it broke opening weekend records too.)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like I'm going to have to see the Avengers after all! BTW, the Shakespeare Does Three Little Pigs - Funniest.Thing.Ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Terri! Yeah, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the movie. And yes, the three little pigs routine is indeed hilarious!

      Delete